Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Grace strikes again

I thought I threw those markers away. I thought I hid anything permanent in really sneaky hiding places. I thought I had gotten through to her when we last reviewed the "house rules." I thought I had my bases covered!


The way I see it, she has two career choices when she grows up: Tattoo artist, or doctor. She wants to be a doctor, she tells me so all the time, and I've seen doctors on TV draw on the body with black markers before they do any procedures. Usually they're plastic surgeons and they're "X"-ing out your flabby spots that they're going to remove. I would prefer she make the doctor choice, tattoo artists can't support their parents in retirement.

I'm going to have genius children who grow up successful and buy their parents lavish vacations and thoughtful gifts. Not that I want those things, all I really want are successful children who are happy.

Ember is a worry wart and she really wants to get good grades. Austin took this picture of her "studying" herself to sleep. The more likely scenario is she played too much after school and put her math off to the last minute. At least she didn't fall asleep on the pointy side of a pencil.

1 comment:

Kathy P said...

Oh gotta love it! The marker thing is always our downfall. And I have a couple of kiddos that can learn a lesson from Ember! :)

BTW, did you ever get my emails?

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!