Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bring on the rain...

The response to my last two posts was overwhelming. This is a subject that everybody struggles with, but most of us do it privately. Knowing that I'm not alone in this makes me feel comforted, and more "normal." (that word is used carefully).

Thanks, friends.

Now... I'm still sad. I'm still weary. I noticed today though that my kids do not seem to be affected by my mood, which is a small miracle and I'm sure one of the tender mercies of the Lord. Enjoy the following tidbits of conversation in the car:

Ember: I am so thirsty, I haven't had a drink since breakfast.

Mom: Honey you need to make sure you drink plenty of water at school, especially when you play at recess and get hot & sweaty.

Ember: Mom, I don't sweat. Only boys sweat.

a few minutes later....

Ben: Woah, that is one HOT mustang!

Grace: What's a mush-tang?

Ben: It's a MUstang, and it's a really cool car.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mush-tangs are cool, Make no mistake about that!! :)

Kids really are unfazed by what we are going through.

I tell Griffin, "Ow, you just hurt me."

He replies, "No, Your fine mom, see." as he points to himself.

He is perfectly fine, therefore, I can't possibly be hurting.

Anonymous said...

By The Way, the boots picture on top is awesome. Love, love the caption!

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!