Monday, November 10, 2008

How does your garden grow?

I am not a gardener. I do not grow things, in fact I usually kill things. Thankfully I have a friend who loves gardening but doesn't have a yard of her own. In a collaborative effort, we are using my land and her skills to try and grow something edible. We turned it into a family home evening lesson on self-sufficiency and hard work. The kids did great planting and watering after the grownups did all the hard work digging! We planted broccoli, spinach, romaine, other lettuce greens, beets and carrots. I'm excited to see if this works!










5 comments:

Cindy said...

YOU GO GIRL!! That is pretty amazing. Almost as amazing as Austins manly pose! ;) Hope we will get to sample some of your stuff! I enjoyed reading about your Mom, aren't we lucky to have such great ones????

Adam and Emily said...

That is awesome! It looks nice and green so far! Oh and I am mad at you.... I can only type like 65 wpm!!! UUUGGGG you are too fast!!

Jill said...

I had to take that typing test like six times to get my score that high... of course, all the other times it was only 106. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sarah said...

I love this Jill! What a great family project. You are such an encouraging parent!

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Oh good, we can come eat your food when the stores run out. Well done!!

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!