Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

We started a new tradition this year; one of the bowls set on the table was our Lawlor gratitude bowl. The kids spent the day writing down things they were thankful for on little notecards and dropping them in the bowl.


They wrote really cute things, like math and rainbows. They also wrote the really important things, like family, scriptures, and our Savior.



This was my first Thanksgiving dinner that I planned, prepared and served to my family. It was a challenge, but it turned out so great! I had a lot of helpers in the kitchen, too.


Look at how great this bird turned out! Even the white meat on top was juicy!!

Allow me to introduce our master carver, Austin!!! Whoo hoo!!



I made the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, sweet corn, fresh texas white rolls, jello, fruit salad, pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce, olives... well those last few things I bought and used a can opener before serving, but it all came together very well!



We get to do it all again tomorrow with Austin's family. That's what I'm most thankful for this year, is my family. I wouldn't be where I am today without them. Thanks guys, I love you!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow girl...you did good! Even your table was set all nice...impressive. :) Hey thanks for listening to me today...i know I was a bit raunchy! I am thankful for you, too! :)

Hot Diggity Daws said...

You go girl!! I worked all day thanksgiving and then came home to an empty house. Way to celebrate the true meaning of thanksgiving. I did send a camera with my husband and kids to las vegas, hopefully they will preserve their special festivities!

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!