Saturday, July 31, 2010

Grace's birthday / tea party

These are a tad out of order, but here we go... Grace had her birthday almost two months ago, so I figured it was about time we had her party before summer was over. I'm a procrastinator, what can I say. It was a huge success, and Grace had fun which is all that matters.

We had a tea party theme and all the girls came dressed up in their best party clothes. They felt very grown up eating little finger sandwiches and fruit, while drinking their tea of grape and apple juice.

Here's Grace in her party dress.

She looks VERY excited at getting this new barbie. She had one just like it which we threw away just a few days ago, because it was broken. Now it's not broken anymore! It was one of her very favorites, it's a ballet barbie where the little feet move so you can pose them.

All the girls were interested / excited to see all her loot.

Each girl got a crown to wear during the party and take home at the end. They were all treated like princesses throughout the whole thing, because that's exactly what they are.

Here's our happy tea party crowd!

I found these awesome cupcake holders at the Oriental Trading Company, the only website I use for party supplies. The girls thought they were so fancy.

Here's what my pretty table looked like when it was set before the girls got there. I let them all use my glass teacups and saucers, and not a single dish broke! I was so proud of them for acting so grown up, and careful!

After the carnage of opening gifts, Ben decided that Grace needed just one more present... a brand new brother! I'm surprised he fit himself into that bag, but he did it over and over again jumping out to surprise everyone.

I'm exhausted, but overall I had fun and so did the girls. This is Grace's first real birthday party with her friends, she's never really been old enough to have one before besides just family parties. I can't believe my little girl is five years old, she's growing up so fast. Kindergarten starts in just 11 days!!! (but who's counting?)


1 comment:

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Really cute tea party birthday. It was clearly a great success as evidenced by all the happy party goers. Ben the Brother present was the best.

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!