Sunday, August 1, 2010

Funny Kids

Before my days of blogging I had a journal just to keep track of the funny things my kids said or did. Now that I'm scrapbooking my blog, I want to have all those funny things in just one place. I opened up that old journal today in an effort to cheer myself up, so here's some transcripts of my kids funnier moments.

December 2003
Grandma Lawlor asked Ember (age 3) to help clean up the toys before we left her house for the evening. Ember said, "I'm sorry, but I can't clean up. I'm going home."

January 2004
Austin found Ember in the bathroom spinning in circles in front of the toilet. When he asked her what she was doing she said, "I"m doing the potty dance!"

One of Ember's favorite things is to add the words "very-very" to everything she says. The told Ben the other day, "That's a very-very no-no."

Ember can't say throat, so she says float. When it gets sore she says, "Mommy, my float is back." She sometimes says "my sick is back."

December 2003
Ember (age 3) came with me to a dollar store where two boys were righting with foam swords. She walked right up to them and said, "hey two boys! You have to stop fighting. Just be happy, ok?"

Common three year old phrase? "You CAN'T say no to me! That makes me very angry!"

Winter 2003
I like to curl in on the couch wrapped in blankets in the mornings, and Ben (age 15-18 months) now races me to the couch to get there first. He throws his arms out and shouts, "my spot!"

January 2004
Checking on the kids after bedtime one night, we couldn't find Ember. She's pulled her bedding under Ben's crib and made herself a little cave under there, falling back asleep. We woke her up and moved her back to her bed and asked her why she'd done that. In her groggy state she said, "Because I did. You can't tell me no."

February 2004
Ember put on a beautiful dress, admired herself in the mirror, and told Austin, "Daddy, you have to marry me."

March 2004
At the dinner table one night Ember said, "Someday when I'm older I will get bath-tized, but not today."

January 2004
Got up and fixed Ember some oatmeal, then laid back down because baby Ben was still sleeping. Ember got me up awhile later and said she'd shared breakfast with Ben. He was still in his crib, so I had to investigate. He was covered in oatmeal, and so were his sheets, the crib slats, the walls, the carpet, his blanket, some toys, and it was also gummed up in his hair. And he was grinning like a fool, he was so happy! I couldn't get angry, Ember was so proud of herself for sharing with Ben.

April 2004
Ben was getting into trouble over and over again and in my frustration I said, "Ben, do you want me to spank you?!" He shouted "Yes!" Ember rushed over to him, grabbed his arm, and whispered LOUDLY in his ear, "Ben, you're supposed to say no!"



That's all for today. I'll archive more crazy kid stuff the next time I want to cheer myself up.

2 comments:

Skinhorse said...

Those little stories sure cheered me up as well! Loved the potty dance. I think I will need to try that sometime! And that little Ember sure has known for years how to light a very-very big fire, hasn't she? Wow!

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

HAHAHA! I love the potty dance one and say no to spanking one. Oh the memories.

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!