Thursday, August 26, 2010

Who needs sleep?

Ok, if I fall asleep right now I can get six hours of sleep.
What am I going to fix for dinner?
I need to go visit my sister.
What if my house burns down?

If I fall asleep right now I can get five hours of sleep.
I'm glad Ember likes her teacher this year.
Where are my home movies stored?
I need to start my Christmas shopping.

If I fall asleep right now I can get four hours of sleep.
Our budget is so tight, and I'm making it worse.
My parents may visit next month.
I need to paint my sons bedroom.

If I fall asleep right now I can get three hours of sleep.
Austin needs a new desk.
We're out of juice.
I think one of my Uncle's doesn't like me.

If I fall asleep right now I can get two hours of sleep.
Maybe Disneyland isn't a good idea.
Whatever happened to the bully who picked on me?
I hate alarm clocks.

Moral of the story:
Don't work until midnight, and then skip taking the sedating anti-anxiety pill that keeps my brain quiet at bedtime.

Meh, who needs sleep anyway?

4 comments:

leigh hewett said...

I can so relate to this. I love the teachings of Wayne Dyer and he says something so lovely about this. If you wake up with a racing mind it means that God wants to commune with you. He suggest to get out of bed, go outside, put your feet in the grass, and pray.

Carrot Jello said...

Oh, I like leigh's comment.

Jill said...

me too. Thanks, Leigh.

Hot Diggity Daws said...

I like Leigh's quote too, but what did he say to do if you can't go to sleep because of a racing mind. It is a little dangerous to go out in the dark and shove your feet in the grass. :-)

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!