Sunday, August 8, 2010

More funny archives

After my last post, I stewed for a few days and I'm finally ready to laugh a little bit again. Here's a few more funny kid moments from my old journals.

February 2004
Ember (age 4) was big enough to place her own order at Wendy's, spending her very first dollar. She got her chicken nuggets, enjoyed them to the fullest, and then got extremely upset. In a teary voice she said, "Mommy, I want my dollar back!"

May 2004
Ember, almost 5, sat in the bathroom singing to herself for almost 10 full minutes before I realized what she was singing. She'd made up a song to tell me that "there's no toilet paper!" When I finally clued into the words of the new song, I ran in to help her and she just smiled and said "hi Mom! Guess what? There's no toilet paper!"

Spring 2004
After Austin hadn't shaved for a few days Ember told him, "Daddy, you have bugs on your face."

July 2004
I have a mole on my arm that is Ben's favorite, it always has been. He rubs it when I sing him to sleep... from age 1 to age 8. He used to call it my "button." That summer I'd spent a lot of time outside and all my freckles had gotten darker. Ben (age 2) told me one afternoon, "Mom, you have a LOT of buttons!"

July 2004
Ben was pulling on the doorknob desperately trying to get out of nursery one Sunday, and the teacher asked him where he was going. He shouted, "California!"

July 2004
During one visit to California Ben showed my parents where their home wasn't childproofed. He put mom's bowls in the toilet, and he put hot dogs in my milk, just to name a few foibles. When we were leaving Grandpa said, "feel free to come back and visit after his mission!"

November 2004
Ben talks in his sleep. Here's a few favorites we've overheard, since he sometimes crawls into bed with us.
"No, I DON'T want a sandwich!"
"Stop it! No No, Daddy!"
"I don't want a pony."
"No, No Ember"
"Expectro Patronum!" (shout out to Harry Potter fans)
He also sang Jingle Bells and the ABC's. And giggled. A lot.

No comments:

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!