Thursday, January 14, 2010

Journaling

Anyone who knows me knows how much I love journals. I have about 15 volumes filled from BEFORE I got married, and who knows how many since?

I also have journals in every room of the house that aren't even written in yet. If it's got a cute cover, and blissfully unlined pages waiting for my thoughts to be written, I buy it. I can't help myself. I brought one home from the store last week and my daughter said, "ANOTHER journal? Did you already finish writing in the last one?" Well, no. But I'm halfway there and you never know when you're going to run out of pages and need a new one at a moments notice!

My current project is my therapy journals. I write every single day (been going for 4 months now without missing once) and I have to make a list of the things I accomplished for the day, or the things I'm proud of doing. I CANNOT make a list of my failures or disappointments. Some days the list consists of 1)waking up, and 2)writing in my journal. That's it, the end. Some days I fill the whole page and I feel like super-Mom.

Yesterday's entry looked like this:


I couldn't write anything negative, it's against the rules. And I couldn't think of anything else to say. Poignant, isn't it? Who needs words to describe how you feel?

5 comments:

Adam and Emily said...

I like it!

The "Curby Clan" said...

good description. Love it. Tomorrow will be better.
Your mom is wise.

The Birthday Group said...

I love journaling also, but I haven't been as diligent as you have. Keep up the good work, you inspire me!

Skinhorse said...

:)
I sure do love you, Jill!

Jenna said...

Here I thought Grace got into your journals and she was regressing in her drawing skills ;) I love you! Good days come and go and eventually come again. I had fun talking to you yesterday. And Hyrum loved smiling at you in RS!

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!