Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Girls weekend in Overgaard

I brought Emily & Toni up to our family cabin in Overgaard for Sunday and Monday for a little rest and relaxation, and we had a blast!!



Woods Canyon Lake was amazing, but very chilly. We saw lots of fall colors, chipmunks, and a bald eagle looking majestic perched at the top of a tall pine.





A special thanks goes to Toni for introducing us to Charlie Clark's Steakhouse in Pinetop, and the BEST prime rib I have ever eaten.... EVER.


I didn't really have to tinkle, but the sign was funny :)


Sleeping on the drive home, thanks to benadryl. At least I wasn't drooling.


The mountains were amazing, but the valley welcomed us home with this amazing sunset. Nice photography, Emily :)

Even though it was 44 degrees outside, we just had to sit on the front porch swing sipping hot chocolate. It was so quiet. No traffic sounds, no TV's or radios, no animal sounds, not even the wind. It was perfectly silent.



We saw some beautiful fall colors everywhere we went, but I really liked this little cluster of yellow leaves on the ground at the lake.


I feel the same way! Yay vacation in the mountains! We have to go back when there's snow on the ground. Girls? Make your calendars for February.

1 comment:

The Birthday Group said...

What a fun weekend! I love the photos, some of them are so beautiful.

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!