Thursday, September 15, 2011

Knock me down, I don't care

I heard a line in a movie this week that I loved...

Blogs are just graffiti with punctuation.

Awesome!

So let me add a little graffiti with the words of a song:
(and punctuation)

Just go ahead and hate on me and run your mouth
So everyone can hear.
Hit me with the worst you got and knock me down
Baby I don't care.
Keep it up, and soon enough you'll figure out
You wanna be
You wanna be
A loser like me.
('Loser Like Me', from 'Glee'... a guilty pleasure)

I've been feeling like a loser a lot lately, picked on judged and criticized everywhere I go.  I've been knocked down over and over (and over!) again, and I haven't gotten up yet this time, but I probably will.  Mostly I try to keep the attitude that I don't care, you're losers too, but the truth is that I DO care.  Probably a little too much.  I care when my co-workers "hate on me" (you all suck by the way), and I care when my family, (extended, husband, kids) criticize me.  I do care if you start your sentence with "no offense, but..."
Yea, I'm gonna take offense.

I should lighten up and let things go, I'm aware of that, but people in general should just try and be a little kinder!  You never know when you criticize a co-worker and complain to the boss, that she isn't going through some serious problems at home, and struggling with her physical and mental health, and a meeting with her supervisor isn't going to set off a brand new tailspin that she was just starting to climb out of!!!  And if we're going to get nit picky here, let's compare productivity statistics for the last 5 years... me vs. you.  Scared?  You should be.  Hate on me, but you wish you were as good a loser as I am.

*deep breathing*

I had a bad day.  I needed to spray a little graffiti and get it off my chest.

Just be nice, ok?

3 comments:

Adam and Emily said...

I like this post very much!! haha! because it's true.

Rachael and Jeff Downs said...

I love this, and it's SO true.

I work at a call center and on Monday I had a nasty first two calls...it started my already bad day off worse, and during the second call I started crying (well bawling) and it was completely obvious to the person I was speaking to...but did she care? Not one bit. She continued to attack me personally, and I wish I would have hung up on her. JUST BE NICE, OK?? Seriously, this should be the motto of the world.

Toni said...

{{{hugs}}} - I friend shared a blog post a couple days ago (I'll try to find it for you)...the lady writing it talked about her husband and his recovery from a brain injury. She talked about how hard life is sometimes and that we all need little signs around our neck to let other people know they should be gentle with us - a sign that says, I'm sad and depressed but I came to work anyway...please be nice. We all need to be more gentle with those around us. We live in such a competitive world. It is sad that more people don't understand the "law of abundance" - there really is enough and to spare for all of us. We don't need to compete with anyone, we just need to do our best. Hang in there. Focus on the good things and let go of the bad (this advice is for me more than you ;-). I try to remind myself that I am only here for 2 1/2 hours (in God's time!), I can hold on for that long!

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!