Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Weekend Away

Austin could tell I've been getting more and more stressed lately, and I had an anxiety attack last Friday. He decided that I needed a weekend away. He scheduled some of his vacation days at work for Monday and Tuesday, and he sent me up to the cabin in Overgaard on Sunday for three days of peace and quiet. No phone, no kids, no internet, no TV, no noise, no nothing! It was awesome, and I feel SO much better! And I have the best husband in the world!!!

It snowed for the first 2 and a half days I was there, and we got about 15 inches in the front yard. Parts of the Rim country got up to 24 inches! It was so beautiful.

Snow angels and a snowman... or woman, it's hard to tell. I felt like a kid again.

The trees were so heavy with snow, the whole scene looked like a postcard.

Too bad I didn't get snowed in! The truck was covered pretty good though.


The storm started on Sunday, while I was driving up, and I had to stop in Payson and buy some chains at Walmart and then put them on the truck myself. It made me feel strong, capable, and powerful. I am woman, hear me roar! I went no faster than 30 miles an hour as I went up the rim in a big storm, but I made it there safely. I also brought home a truckload of snow for the kids to play in. Only some of it melted as I drove back into the valley, but needless to say it won't last long. It was 18 degrees when I left the cabin this morning, and it's 65 here. It's so hot!

I'm glad I got the chance to get away and relax, but I'm also glad I have such a good home and a good family to come back home to.

6 comments:

Hot Diggity Daws said...

How wonderful, your husband really is amazing!! What a blessing to have somewhere that great to go to, and you could'nt have asked for anything more beautiful! Ben was the perfect child in primary. Glad you feel renewed, you deserve it! :)

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

Wow Jill, that's some serious snow. It soes look just like a post card, and right in our front yard. I don't think I've seen snow in years....how sad... I'm glad you got to go enjoy in though.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome for him to take the days off to get you out of the house for some sanity. As much as we love our children, we need to be ourselves, a little less responsibility, the worry never fades though. It's amazing what silence will do to make you sane! I usually kick all my boys out to the park or whatever, something with Daddy. We don't have a cabin to escape to, but I let my frustrations out on cleaning, so I blare my music and take it out on the house. Glad you got away!

Kathy P said...

Seriously? Snow chains??? You are my hero! I wouldn't even know what to do with them.

I am glad you got away. Your hubby sounds like a great catch!!!

Cindy said...

What amazing pictures!! That is awesome that Austin let you have a get away! Glad you were able to enjoy!

Lydia Smout said...

It was great to hear from you and get caught up on your family. As for the snow, our yard looked like that for about 6 months last year, this year, not as much - Thankfully!!! We'll look forward to the updates.

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!