Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad


Happy Birthday to my Father-in-Law, Milton Lawlor! I have been friends with Austin since we were 13 years old, so I've known my 2nd Dad for 20 years now. I have always admired his family, but I learned so much more about him after Austin and I got married.


I've always thought that if Austin turned out to be anything like his father, as a husband and as a dad, then I was one lucky woman. Milton is one of the most patient, generous, unselfish, spiritual men that I know. Austin grew up with a great example in his home and he strives to be as much like his father as he can every single day. Milton taught Austin what it meant to hold the Priesthood of God, to govern a family in righteousness, and to teach by precept and by example.


Dad & Mom had seven children, and that has grown to include their spouses and 15 grandchildren. Dad continues to set a good example to his ever growing posterity.


For a short time last fall we were afraid we were going to lose Dad so much earlier than we had planned because of the sudden onset of pancreatitis. Thankfully the Lord protected him, healed him, and prolonged his life. He was an example to us even then, sharing his faith and his testimony and how he was strengthened by priesthood blessings. He exemplifies the phrase "endure to the end."


I feel so lucky to have a father-in-law that I can call "Dad." I love you Dad, and I hope you had a great birthday!

5 comments:

Kathy P said...

How sweet!!! I love people like your father in law!!!

Wish him a Happy Birthday from this crazy lady in the blogosphere!

HUGS

Cindy said...

We are lucky aren't we??? That was a great post, I enjoyed it, and him, very much.

Cindy said...

We sure are lucky aren't we? Great post! I enjoyed it, and him, very much!

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

He is one handsome guy. Hahaha, I wish I knew how old he is in that picture. You have some great insight about him Jill.

Jill said...

it's from 1968, so he was 21 years old, probably just home from his mission. I got that info from Aunt Sharlene, you gotta love her. She's a vast pool of resources and information.

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!