Thursday, February 5, 2009

Injuries

A friend of mine is in a photography class learning about crime scene photography. Her final project will be to stage a crime scene and then take the appropriate photographs. I told her to come to my house and wait five minutes, she'll have her crime scene.


Ember was jumping on the trampoline yesterday and having a contest with one of her friends, trying to jump the highest. They both landed at the same time, her eye making contact with his knee. It split her eyelid like paper. Today she's getting a black eye, and the school nurse called me concerned about the amount of swelling.


My kids are accident prone. And that sticky tape Austin used to patch her eye left a horrible glue on her skin this morning. Peanut butter takes it off! I smeared peanut butter on my daughter's face before school this morning, making her laugh and smell "really yummy," but the oils finally released the glue from her skin. Thank goodness for the internet. Before that I had tried rubbing alcohol, nail polish remover, soap and water, & just plain scrubbing (ouch).

So Emily, you need a crime scene? We can stage one regularly, no fake blood required.

4 comments:

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

wow. Poor Ember. Eyes are so sensitive....

Adam and Emily said...

I'm ready...now the trick is to make sure it is something where they will actually lay still.. maybe something where they actually lose consciousness(sp?) would be good!

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Ah man, nothing like a split eye to ruin your day! Poor little girl.

Cindy said...

OUCH!! Poor girl!! At least you could lick her eyelid if you got hungry :)

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!