Saturday, February 28, 2009

Poor baby


Grace has had fevers since Wednesday, but they were 101 and 102... nothing to be really worried about. Then tonight while I was at work Austin called and said "it's 105, and climbing." I rushed home and rushed her to Good Night Pediatrics, an overnight urgent care just for kids. They got her in right away because of her high fever, and she was such a trooper. It helped that I brought along my iPod which had "Horton Hears a Who" loaded on it, and she just watched a movie during all her waiting and testing. The strep and flu tests came back negative, but the doctor was just going to write us a prescription for antibiotics and send us home. I said I wanted a chest x-ray because of the severity and frequency of her cough, so he ordered one and guess what? "Mom called it!" as the doctor said. Of course, mom's are always right; children everywhere, memorize that... tattoo it to your brain. Mom's are always right.

So Grace has pneumonia for the second time in her life. The first time she was just 18 months old, and it was combined with RSV. She was in the hospital for a week that time. For tonight we just brought home the antibiotics and cough medicine with codeine, and she'll recover in no time. She got a lollipop for being such a good girl, and she's still watching mom's iPod while waiting for her medicine. Grace is such a vibrant and active little girl, so it's strange to see her sitting so still. I hope she recovers soon, but maybe I'll take this opportunity to clean up after all her "adventures" before all her energy and curiosity comes back...

3 comments:

Kathy P said...

Poor thing... I hope she feels better soon.

The "Curby Clan" said...

Jill!
So good to hear from you. Sorry it took me ahwile to comment back. I've been busy with the baby.
Hope Grace has a quick recovery, she looks cute with her little red cheeks. Say hi to your parents for us. And I'll be checking your blog often!!!
love
the Curby's

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Poor baby!!! I am sure it is nice to get that xray and confirmation that, yes your child is really as sick as you think. Perhaps they took more pitty on her with codeine cough medicine, whatever the case may be, it is just nice to know you are getting credit sometimes!

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!