Thursday, February 23, 2012

What's in Your purse?

I have been shopping for a new purse for about a month now, with spring weather came the desire for a spring wardrobe, including a purse.

I used to carry a black purse, for 10+ years.  I also had a little tiny dress up purse for nights on the town... it's been used twice.  It fits my phone, chapstick, and photo I.D.  It's useless, though cute.


Then I met a friend who introduced me to the fun that is cute purses.  It doesn't have to be black to be functional, I can still fit all my Mom stuff in a spring colored purse.  Here's a picture of a few old purses I saved, (the green one is actually the new one I bought today), but it doesn't include the cool purple purse with the turquoise beads on it, I gave that to D.I.  Bummer, it would've rounded out this photo nicely.

See?  Color is fun, function and style.  So want to see what's in my purse?



The basics:  crappy old wallet, Smart phone, iPod, data-charger for an emergency full charge on any device (awesome to have in a purse), new camera, car keys, and my work badge and I.D.







Then there's the stuff that people wonder why I carry around with me everywhere.  I've found a use for it or been grateful I had it for each of these things, believe me!

First, toiletries.  Deodorant, hairbrush, hairspray, & a small makeup bag.  Great for when I leave the house in a hurry (usually because I'm angry) and not really presentable.  I can pull into the Walmart parking lot and fix myself up before I take myself out to dinner and a movie.


Then there's the pharmacy and other useful Mom tools.  Pens, thermometer, eyeglass repair kit, tic-tacs (my nieces think they're medicine), hand sanitizer, a nail kit, disinfecting anti-bacterial spray, lotion sunblock, spray-on sunblock,  two kinds of Tide pens for stain removal, an albuterol inhaler, Tums, tylenol, lip gloss and chapstick.



The unique to me stuff is a small metal snap open wallet that I use to carry the kids library cards in, so they don't get lost or bent in half.  Then there's the package of pre-addressed thank-you cards that I leave under the windwhield wipers of cars carrying Veteran license plates.  It just says "thank you for your service and sacrifice for our country" and some other stuff, but I always have some in my purse.


It all fits, and there's usually room for a soda and granola bar too!  This is just what was in my purse today, it changes often.  Yesterday I was carrying around my Kindle and a bag full of quarters that I found in another purse.  Sometimes there's candy, prescriptions, kids toys, and other miscellaneous stuff.  I love my purse, and as long as it's necessary, it may as well be cute!


So what's in your purse?

.

2 comments:

The Dixons said...

Woah, they make data chargers like that?! That's great news! Chad usually seeks out and finds my phone to charge (because I never do) and when he's out of town (which is all the time) I magically have ZERO charge. Read = my phone is always dead. That will come in handy! Going to find me one.

Sherri said...

Aww Jill, I would die of shame and mortification if I told you what I have in my purse... :o)

I will say that I just bought a new purse at Penney's that has compartments and pockets galore and tons of room for my Nook, which is a must have.... :o)

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!