Saturday, February 25, 2012

That was totally Wicked!


So Ember got tickets to see Wicked for Christmas and has been waiting patiently for two months for this day to arrive.  We got matching t-shirts that say "Defy Gravity", we got tickets with her best friend and her sister and Mom, we talked about the story and listened to the soundtrack obsessively for weeks before the event, we went out to dinner first and psyched ourselves up, and we were sooooo excited!


The evening was perfectly amazing (minus an incident of misdemeanor assault which I spoke about on Facebook, but I'm going to choose to remain positive here on my blog... let's just say, some people really are Wicked).  We had great seats, and we even stayed afterwards and hovered around the stage door so the girls could get pictures and autographs with cast members.  Wicked is my second favorite Broadway musical, I love the story and the music and was so grateful to go and see it for the third time, but the BEST part was spending that time with my daughter.  I shared something with her that was special to me, we created memories, and I hope she remembers the good parts of the evening more than the one bad one.

Matching shirts, and our dog named Elphie :)



The trailer outside Gammage Auditorium.
It's dark, so it's hard to see the girls standing there.


Ember & Hope
waiting in the lobby for the doors to open.

Ember, Hope & Katie
waiting outside the stage door for
pictures & autographs!


The girls with the actor who played Fiero!!

The girls with the actress who played GLINDA!!
(the blonde hair was a wig!)

The show was a huge success, and I'm so glad we were able to go.  Maybe Ember and I will make this a tradition... Mary Poppins two years ago, Wicked this year, who knows what's next?



Also... last weekend was Ember's first Young Women fundraiser for Girl's Camp, and I forgot to blog about it.  It was a Luau, and my parents happened to be in town, so Mom & Dad, Joe & Jenna, and Steve & Sharon all bought tickets so we could make it a family event.  I'm so grateful to you guys for supporting Ember in her fundraising efforts, she earned everything she needed to for camp!  Yay!  And the evening was fun, here's just a few pictures.




1 comment:

Dreamweaver Braids said...

I'm so glad you made this so positive. I admit I was having a hard time listening to my girls singing wicked songs today. Then I realized the words I love. I will defy gravity-any force that tries to bring me down, I will not let it. Thanks for enjoying our evening with us :)

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!