Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Weekend in Overgaard

We spent Memorial Day Weekend at the family cabin in Overgaard, and it was amazing! Everyone had a blast, and Ember got to bring along a friend which made for a much friendlier version of Ember 1.0.

Austin spent some time playing with (and teasing) the dogs. Here's a funny shot of Lady looking psycho jumping up for her toy, and a video of the puppies attacking Austin. Don't worry, he asked for it.




The front porch swing is one of our favorite places to sit and enjoy the weather, and Lady joined me for a bit. Doesn't she look like she adores me? It goes both ways :)


We flew the flag out front on Memorial Day and it looked inspiring waving in the breeze.

We took the kids to Woods Canyon Lake for a picnic on Memorial Day and they had fun searching for minnows and crawdads. We saw a pretty big fish come really close to us, but we didn't have any poles or nets. Next time fishie, next time...


Austin wrestled with the dogs, and kids too!

Look at me, I'm crocheting so fast my hands are a blur. Awesome.

We're so glad you could join us Hope, it was a blast!



Ember wanted her friend all to herself, which I can understand, but Hope made an effort to make sure Grace wasn't left out of everything. She was so sweet with her, and Grace appreciated the attention.




We took the kids to see the Snowflake Temple on Sunday, since we didn't go to church (guess who forgot to pack Sunday clothes?) It's a very beautiful Temple, with waterfalls out front. We walked around and took pictures, then Mom taught a "primary" lesson on the blessings of the Temple. It worked out to be a pretty good Sunday.



I'm going to miss the weather in the mountains, but it's really good to be home. Except now I have a hundred loads of laundry to do :P


2 comments:

Skinhorse said...

What a lovely trip you seem to have had! I'm glad for you and your family. I really do like that shot of Hope kissing Grace's head, too. Tender. Nice post, dear.

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

yay for the cabin. Looks like everyone had a great time. It's amazing that Ember is now in the stage of family vacations plus a friend. I remember that. TIt made the cabin a more wonderful place =)

Great job Jill.

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!