Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Grocery Store Confessions

I was at the grocery store today and I made a few realizations.

First - I spent $50 and saved $54. I'm the CEO and CFO of our family's finances, and I'm getting pretty dang good at my job :)

Second - I was at the store in my ripped jeans, flip flops, with my hair in a ponytail and wearing no makeup. I used to fix my hair, put on makeup and dress up to go anywhere, including grocery shopping. I also used to wear lipstick to the dentist, now who does that? It's just going to get rubbed off! I am just more comfortable in my own skin and more confidant of who I am that those extra things just don't matter as much. Now when I go to church or out on a date I still get gussied up, but is my cashier at Fry's really going to care if I'm wearing mascara?

Third - I'd rather hang 25 grocery bags on my arms and cut off circulation completely than make two trips from the car to the house.

The end.

2 comments:

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

for #3: Eric is the SAME way. He has no intentions of going back if he can possibly manage it.

I would much rather make multiple trips and not lift hardly anything. I am a wimp.

Typical in a marriage right? hahaha

Hot Diggity Daws said...

I am so with you on the grocery bags!

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!