Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day and Women's Conference: part 6

Happy Mother's Day to all you Mom's out there!


The kids got me this plaque for Mother's Day. I was admiring it about a week ago in Deseret Book, and Ember told Austin to get it for me :) It makes me smile :)

I normally don't like Mother's Day, but today wasn't so bad. The kids DID start fighting within 30 minutes of me waking up, but they tried to do better.


Back to Women's Conference: I attended a class entitled "Exchanging Guilt for Inspiration" and I learned one important thing about guilt.

Pain is the body's alarm system that something is wrong, and DON'T do that again. Guilt is the spirit's alarm system that something is wrong, and don't do that again. It is unhealthy to hang onto or endure either one for too long.

With my disease, I do have a tendency to hang onto a lot of guilt. I've messed up quite a bit because I wasn't in my right mind, and then when sanity was restored I regretted the things I'd said or done. I still carry a heavy burden of guilt for those things. I hope I can remind myself often that hanging onto the guilt is detrimental to my spirit. This class was important for me.

There's also two more quotes I want to share from another class, and then I think this may be the last Women's Conference post.

"Replace the question 'why' with 'what am I to do with this?' and you'll find you get a lot more answers."

"God does not give us what we can handle, He helps us handle what we are given."


Women's Conference is incredible every year, and this year was no exception. I am so grateful I was able to go and I'm already looking forward to next year.


No comments:

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!