Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Home, sweet home

This weekend was a three day weekend because of Labor Day, and my family went up to the cabin in Overgaard along with Grandma, Grandpa, and lots of cousins. The only one who didn't go was... me. I'm having some health issues related to my disease, I've had to stop my medication while my white blood count goes back up and my liver cleans itself out. My doctor suggested I stay away from people for awhile since I'm likely to catch every germ in a ten mile radius. So I had a four day weekend to myself, just me, the dog & the hampster. Needless to say, it was very quiet. I also got a lot of cleaning done, I was a real weekend warrior (when I wasn't resting). I scrubbed baseboards and dusted ceiling fans, I shampooed the carpet and finally got rid of those otter pop & yogurt stains, I wielded the screw gun like a pro and finished some home improvement projects, (I only fell down the stairs once) and I missed my family. True, when I cleaned something up it stayed that way for more than 15 minutes without the kids in the house, but I'm not sure it was worth the tradeoff. I sure am glad to have them back home, even if it means my sparkling clean house will be just a distant memory by the time school gets out tomorrow. I love my family, and I'm grateful they had fun and then came home safe. And my health is improving, so the next time there's a big trip to the cabin, mom gets to go too.

No comments:

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!