Saturday, September 13, 2008

Crash!

My computer has been running pretty slow lately, so I decided to back up all my files and reformat. I burned everything to disks, Cd's and DVD's, and started deleting files. I went back to check my disks because there was some stuff I was still actively working on, only to find out that the burning failed. I never got an error message, according to my computer everything turned out just fine. But the disks are blank. I lost journals, family photos, and digital scrapbook pages. If it wasn't for blogging, I would have lost everything. I was able to recover so many family photos from blogspot, and I'm more thankful than ever for this website!!! Also I bought some software that recovers permanently deleted files, unless they've already been written over, and I got some of my stuff back. The rest of it is lost forever... I just have to start from scratch again, and be better about backing stuff up more often, and in more than one place.

1 comment:

Adam and Emily said...

Hey Jill, I have a question for you and I don't have your phone number. Well the jist of it is, we got another dog this weekend. But Him and Chester don't get along at all. Chester is too crazy, and this dog is 3 years old, and very laid back. He is potty trained and a great lap dog. He is a black pug. Anyway, I thought of you cause we are going to get rid of him, but I don't know if the people will take him back or not. I remembered your dog is 5 so they might get along really good. Anyway, if you want give me a call... 623-262-5022

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!