Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Arts & Letters Night

Ember & Ben were recognized with awards at the school tonight for their achievements in art and poetry.  Ember won third place in a poetry contest, second place in a three dimensional art contest, and Ben won first place in the watercolor contest.  I am so proud of these kids!




Grace made something too, and she's very proud of it.
It's a rainbow hippo.  In case it was hard to tell.

Ben's artwork, upper right hand corner, is titled
"Intersections"

Ember wrote a poem called "Love".  It's very good.
 Love
by Ember Lawlor

I have a feeling,
With one single part.
This feeling's inside of me,
It's used with my heart.
This feeling can spread,
This feeling is strong.
It can be spread in a poem,
It can be spread in a song.
My feeling has passion,
It flies like a dove.
I have it in abundance,
This feeling is love.

Ember's three dimensional art, also entitled "Love".  She likes that word.




Good job kids!  Now go to bed!

.

No comments:

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!