Saturday, April 28, 2012

April catch up

There's a few things I missed from April that I want to catch up on, so this post may be a little long.

The kids get free donuts for every A they get on their report cards at Krispy Kreme, and we brought  home a dozen and a half donuts.  The kids were on a sugar high for two days, but we're sure happy about those grades!  They also liked the free hats.

Our newest nephew was born this month, Casen Dale Lawlor, son of Casey & Celeste.  He is absolutely precious and my kids love to hold him and can't wait to teach him everything they know.  Ember never took her turn holding him, but Ben and Grace couldn't get enough, especially Ben.  And of course, whenever we go visit or they visit us, I get a turn first.  Babies are my therapy.

Isn't Austin handsome being so tender?







Our new neighbors have decided that they didn't like the vines that were growing on our shared block wall in our front yard, so they chopped them down on their side.  They didn't consider that the weight and damage to the vines would cause them to collapse on our side, crushing our bird of paradise plant that was planted at the base of the vines.  They apologized and promised to clean the mess up, but the vines are gone.  I'm not sure yet how I feel about that.

Ben went on the Father's and Son's campout this past weekend and had the opportunity to shoot a gun for the first time.  He did great, he made several shots and even hit a target!  We want to go shooting again sometime as a whole family, I've never shot a gun and I would love to.

We saw a rat in one of our citrus trees this month and freaked out about roof rats, which have plagued the valley for many years.  Austin decided our citrus trees needed to be severely pruned as a part of a multi-step process of eliminating any additional threat of rats.  He really butchered the trees, but they needed it so badly.  The only problem now is, how are we going to clean all those branches out of our backyard?



That's the rest of April in a nutshell, except for BYU Women's Conference, which I'll blog about tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I think you'll really like shooting, it's a lot of fun. Don't forget the earplugs!

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!