Monday, March 15, 2010

My kids are motivated? Huh?

This is the new currency in our house. Instead of allowance, the kids are given three of these Wii Bucks at the beginning of each week. They earn additional Wii Bucks for doing their daily chores, and then completing their assigned weekly chores. I've never seen my kids be more motivated to clean stuff up.




During this process, we have discovered that Ben is a saver. Previously he was the kid who played for hours after his homework was done each day, often taking time away from the girls. Now he hasn't played in over a week, saving up all the Wii Bucks he can because he'd rather have those than spend them on video game time. He likes to watch them accumulate. His bank account will be in better shape than mine when he's just a little older!

So he's learned to do what I say, not what I do. Good boy.



3 comments:

Skinhorse said...

What a cool post and great idea! And...did you make those buck coupons yourself? I think they are terrific! Well done, Mom!

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Hilarious!

The Birthday Group said...

What a fantastic idea!

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!