Friday, June 5, 2009

I saw God today...

You know that country song "I saw God today?" (get over it you country haters... hear me out). A man walks out of the hospital after sitting by the bed of a loved one, walks down the street and sees a flower growing out of a crack in the sidewalk. It's as if that flower was put there just for him, a little piece of God's creations popping up to offer some cheer, and peace.

I got home from a long night at work tonight, stumbled out of the garage at 11:30 PM with my keys in hand to let myself into the house, and this is what I saw on my front doorstep. Just slowly moving it's wings, maybe resting, maybe sleeping (do butterflies do that?) It was so absolutely beautiful, it took my breath away. Look at how perfect the wings are, the patterns and colors. It was as if God placed that butterfly on my front doorstep just for me, a little bit of beauty on a cracked slab of cement.

I saw God today...


4 comments:

Kathy P said...

I.Loved.This!

The Birthday Group said...

I love how you are so intune with the spirit! You inspire me!

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

Wow. Lucky you had your camera. That's a sweet moment you got to spend with Heavenly Father.

Unknown said...

I think they do sleep. At the botanical garden garden a couple years ago, we went to the butterfly exhibit, and the lady there told us that butterflies sleep with their wings open and moths sleep with the wings together.

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!