Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Metro Light Rail

This past weekend was the grand opening of the Metro Light rail in the valley. It was free all day to ride, and there were lots of activities and food along the way. Austin thought it would be fun to take the kids and let them experience the light rail on day 1... I stayed home. It's a good thing I did, they left pretty early and were gone for FIVE hours! I had to be to work by 1:00, and I never would have made it. They went all the way to Bank One Ballpark in Phoenix and then took city buses to get back home, because the lines were so long. The kids had a lot to say about it when they got back though... they sure did love riding the train! Too bad it doesn't come farther into Mesa because our city was too cheap to purchase the rights. Ah well, our City is too cheap to do anything these days, including taking care of it's employees. But that's another story and another rant for another day.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool. I live way too far from it. I have to clue where it even goes or is...Mesa's not the only cheap city!

Hot Diggity Daws said...

Wow Jenna and Michael went too huh?! Some friends of our went also. IT was pretty hilarious the Harris boys told me they were skipping church on sunday to go on the light rail! :) There are times when I love to just enjoy the pictures from an activity, and deep down I know, HEY we both had more fun this way!!! :)

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!