Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Traditions

Our annual family tradition is frosting sugar cookies to take to the neighbors. Thankfully, none of the cookies that Grace 'licked' made it onto any plates but her own. That entire bowl of frosting belonged to her after that. It's a messy, sugary, sprinkly, time consuming tradition that I would never ever skip no matter how crummy I feel.


This is my pretty Santa hat! Grace is admiring it, and hoping it will end up in her tummy.


Ember was the frosting scientist, mixing colors to see what new shade she could come up with. It mostly turned out gray.

Ben looks mischievous, but he was actually the best behaved one who turned out the prettiest cookies.

Just me admiring my posterity having the time of their lives. And checking out the cleaning project to come (oh, the sprinkles on the wood floor...)

Grace looks forward to holding those sprinkle jars all year long, she doesn't even care about the cookies or frosting... just those sprinkles! Her cookies are so loaded down, it's difficult to pick them up without sprinkles ending up across the street.

And DON'T try to take them from her before she's done! That girl is possessive!

2 comments:

Adam and Emily said...

MMM! Looks like a fun time!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun mess! That was a good idea for clean up! send me an email and I'll let you into our blog!
jhcarditaclan@hotmail.com
~ Haley (Dixon) Cardita

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!