Monday, October 15, 2012

Viva Las Vegas!

This past weekend Austin and I took a trip to Las Vegas, my first time there, to watch the PD softball World Series.  I have several friends from Mesa PD playing on the team and I really wanted to watch the games.  Drew & Meganne Young were nice enough to share a room with us, so it wasn't too expensive!  Thanks guys!  And Drew, you pitched a great game, even if you lost every single one.

Austin and I spent one night by ourselves exploring the strip, and for an avid people watcher, it was nirvana. What a diverse place Vegas is!  We had a great time, and I'm glad we went.

The Arizona team, AZ Ablaze, represented by several police agencies in the state.  9 Officers were from Mesa, where I work, so it was fun to "hang out with the guys" between and after the games.

Drew & Meganne were our gracious hosts.  It was Meganne's birthday on Saturday, so she got to celebrate Vegas style at Toby Keith's!

Drew & Meganne

Friday night was our night on the strip.  We walked for almost 5 hours, and my feet were killing me!

 Our Hotel

 Treasure Island




 Inside Caesar's Palace



Maybe I'll visit the real thing someday!



 New York, New York!

 Waiting for the fountains at the Bellagio.  They were spectacular!


My favorite "statue' street performer.  He was funny :)



Here's a few of us watching the ball games, the whole reason we went to Vegas in the first place!








I LOVE ROAD TRIPS!!!

No comments:

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!