Friday, October 19, 2012

Changes

For anyone who doesn't know yet, Austin lost his job on Wednesday.  His position was eliminated at the University of Phoenix, and he was laid off.  He was expecting this to happen once the announcements of layoffs were made, he evaluated his team and determined that he was the most expendable person on it.  That's not a good feeling to have.  So he was expecting this, and if he were his boss he would've made the same choice, even though it was difficult for everyone involved.

He is surprisingly optimistic, which has determined how I feel about this situation.  He talks about this being a blessing in disguise, this could be the thing that helps us get out of debt finally, the thing that helps me quit my job and be a stay at home mom, the thing that helps us buy a house.  Good things can happen, and he believes they will. I am feeding off of his optimism so I don't go crazy.

In the meantime, I am quitting school and going back to work full time for the first time in 13 years.  I have to, in order to get medical benefits for our family.  Austin is going to look for another job and play Mr. Mom while I'm the primary breadwinner.  It's not ideal, but at least we'll be taken care of.

So that's our update.  Wish us luck, keep us in your prayers, and we'll keep you informed!

1 comment:

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

I'm glad to hear there is so much optimism in your house. This is so sad to happen but Austin is right. He can go find a job somewhere way more interesting and with loyalty to their employees.

Good luck to both of you.

ps. I'm sorry about you having to put school on hold again for this. Someday, Jill. Someday.

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!