Wednesday, August 10, 2011

First Day of School

I have more vacation stuff to post, but I thought I'd interrupt it with the first day of school pictures.  Ember is in 6th grade, Ben in 4th, and Grace in 1st.  This is the first year all of my kids will be in school all day.  I have been looking forward to having time to myself during the day for 11 years, and then my boss informs me a couple weeks ago that they're changing our hours of operation and I'm going to have to switch to the day shift.  No more time to myself, I have to work all day for Mesa PD and work all night for my family.  I guess I wasn't meant to get a break.  And today was bittersweet because I was rushed all morning, trying to do everything myself because my husband disappeared.  I didn't even get to walk with the kids to the bus stop to say goodbye and good luck, and we forgot morning prayers.  They barely even finished the breakfast I cooked all morning for them.  I forgot to remind Ben what classroom number he's in because he forgot, I forgot to put their information sheets in their folders, I'm grateful to Ember for helping me make sandwiches so they at least had lunch today.  I feel like the morning went ok for them, but awful for me.  I just laid in my bed and cried because things weren't perfect, I'm lonely, and I'm discouraged.  Good first day of school attitude, right?  I'm grateful my kids go to a good school and have great teachers, and I'm grateful they're excited.  I'll work on my attitude later.





1 comment:

Toni said...

Give yourself a hug. You are a great mom!! Your kids don't want you to be perfect. They just want you to love them. You spent all morning making breakfast! How much more love can you give??? (my kids hardly ever get a hot breakfast!) Hang in there. As all those BoM prophets keep telling us - "it came to pass..." nothing comes to stay ;-)

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!