Friday, November 27, 2009

The cost to keep a family healthy

Ember had her first trip to a pediatric allergist on Wednesday and the news was a little disheartening. She's basically allergic to EVERYTHING. She had extreme reactions to everything they poked her with. She's allergic to dogs, pecan trees, and bermuda grass. That's basically our entire back yard. She came home with three new prescriptions. We are already paying $190 a month on other prescriptions and regular co-pays, and now we have three more. We're going to go broke just trying to keep our family healthy. Ember wants to start taking piano lessons but the money we may have had for that is now going to more medications. *sigh*

But... I'm grateful for health insurance, because those co-pays and medications would otherwise cost over $1000 a month. That's my desperate silver lining.

2 comments:

Millie said...

I'm sorry Ember is having such a hard time and that so many things make her sick. :(

Health insurance really is worth the price, isn't it? We've done without it before, and of course that was the year I had pneumonia and everyone else had everything else happen to them... it sucked.

I hope things get easier soon.

wv = "butio" - what I'm shaking right now

The "Curby Clan" said...

man, i am so sorry. poor thing.
I get so frustrated when it comes to money. Seems like everytime we get a little extra something breaks- I guess that's what the extra was for right?

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!