Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Grace's bad day

Grace had her vaccinations yesterday, and has a fever of 103 last night. I gave her some motrin and figured she'd have one bad night and have a great day today.

I tempted karma. We went to meet the teacher day at the kids school, and in the very first classroom she tripped and hit the edge of a school desk SERIOUSLY hard. She split her forehead open, the doctor said to the bone. It bled a lot, as head wounds do, so we met the teacher and then rushed to the ER.



Poor baby was so sad and in a lot of pain, but after they soaked it with lidocaine she was back to herself for awhile. Numbing is a good thing. :)


After 5 1/2 hours in the waiting room, she got four stitches, one on the inside and three on the outside. She was rewarded with a grape popsicle for being so brave and not crying even once.

Grace is my first child to need stitches. I am buying this girl a helmet and dressing her in a ski suit filled with marshmallows from now on.

I got some great video of her when she was loopy on drugs, but I'm still trying to figure out how to rotate them 90 degrees to post online. If I can't figure it out, you'll just have to watch them sideways. I've never seen her so out of it, it was hillarious!

No comments:

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!