Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Jill's garden


garden, originally uploaded by jills.stuff.

I missed planting season by too much to buy seeds this spring, so I just got plants that were already sprouted so I could catch up. It was a really hot day to decide to do a little gardening, but thankfully I had a lot of shade in the afternoon. I can't wait to eat this food in... two or three months!

Now I just have to keep my dogs and the neighborhood kids out of it. Maybe I'll fence it in and get a huge sign that says "GET OUT!" Except dogs can't read, and neighborhood kids don't care.

4 comments:

Kathy P said...

Good for you... I keep thinking I need to start a garden, but with all the stuff growing in my fridge I just tell myself that counts!

Love the pavers!

Millie said...

We missed planting season??

Adam and Emily said...

Yummm-num-num-num....

Skinhorse said...

That is a cutsey garden you have there, m'dear! I'll have to come take a closer look at it in say....two months or so. (Mmmmmm!) BTW, dogs CAN read, but they live more by the "better to ask forgiveness later" philosophy. Cats can also read (even better than dogs!), but they are neither into asking permission, nor forgiveness, so they would rather you not know about the whole reading ability thing.

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!