Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Break

We just got home from our Spring Break in California, and I was brave enough to take the kids by myself. Austin wasn't able to get the time off work, so I drove 6 hours in a mini van with three children under the age of 7. They were amazingly well behaved, and all I have to say is; thank goodness for portable DVD players! I remember the annual family vacations we took when I was a child driving to Utah and Idaho to visit my mom's family, and the drive took at least 17 hours. We didn't have DVD players, we had my mom. She was super-mom, singing songs, playing games, providing snacks and activities to keep us entertained during the drive. I look back on that now with fondness, but traveling with my own children for a fraction of that 17 hour drive makes me appreciate my mother in a whole new way. I only hope that I have a fraction of her patience and ingenuity someday. You're my hero, mom!

No comments:

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!