Monday, March 12, 2012

One last thing... a family heirloom restored!

My Grandma Meacham had this footstool in her home when she was growing up, and she was born in 1919.  She gave the stool to my parents and said they could do whatever they wanted with it.  My Dad asked me if I would do a needlepoint to recover it, and I started on it in January.  It took me a few months, but it turned out great!  Tonight, Mom Dad & I pulled off the rotten cover and put on the new one.  Here's my process....

Before picture, almost 100 years old.


An empty shell



My cross stitch design


Adding the foam & batting, and wielding a staple gun.
(after Dad sanded down the wood piece that fits inside the footstool)


The finished product!





Ta da!

.

No comments:

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!