Friday, April 8, 2011

Puppies week 4

I know I'm two days behind on this post, they were four weeks old on Wednesday, but that's the thing about depression.  You stay in bed for 3 or 4 days without a shower and you don't do anything productive.  Want to know a great anti-depressant?  Puppies.  Taking care of them was the only thing that got me out of bed.

On THAT cheery note... here's this week's progress.

Our little puppies are learning to eat solid food out of a dish so we can start weaning them from their Mama.  They sniffed it, stepped in it, got it all over themselves, and eventually decided to taste it.  They're learning at different paces but I think all four have got the concept now.  Learning to use the tongue to lap up your food or water is a big deal for a puppy.  It's been a very messy learning process, but fun at the same time.

 I'm showing them how :)

We've also been giving the puppies the run of the house (under close supervision).  They love to explore, especially behind the couch.  We have all wood and tile floors so they've had to learn not to slip and slide everywhere they go.  Moonlight, our boy, learned how to run right away.  Watching a puppy run and trip has got to be one of the cutest things ever :)  It's like we have a puppy infestation though, they're EVERYWHERE.




The puppies also have TEETH.  They have little chew toys to help with teething, but mostly they chew on my fingers and toes, which is excruciating.  And they chew on each other.  Let the fighting begin!  Puppy wrestling death matches with ears, tails, and paws being chewed on relentlessly!

This is why puppy eyes are so hard to resist!
 Once you've been free, the pool just isn't as much fun.

1 comment:

ccurby said...

sooo cute. I not letting my kids see the pictures though. They'll bug me relentlessly for a dog. I just don't think I could handle another kid. absolutely adorable

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!