Wednesday, April 13, 2011

5 weeks old!

The puppies are five weeks old today!  Just one more week before they go to their new homes, which makes all of us at the Lawlor house a little sad.  Three puppies are pre-sold, all the girls, we're just waiting for an offer on the little boy.  He's the best looking one and my personal favorite, so I secretly hope he doesn't sell :)

I also have just one more week to finish kennel training them, and to get them to drink water out of a bowl.  They'll eat their food, but they are refusing to drink water!  It's very annoying!  They're almost weaned from Elphie, she doesn't sleep with them at night and they only nurse twice a day, morning and bedtime. (and they're sleeping through the night... yay!)   I'm assuming that the less milk they get, the more thirsty they'll get and eventually will crave the water.  I took them outside in the middle of the afternoon the other day and they got all hot and sweaty, I actually saw them pant for the first time (so adorable!), and they still didn't drink any water.  It's instinctual, they'll get there, I'm just frustrated.

And yes, they played outside for the first time!  We go outside once a day now where they get to run and jump and chew on pecans and oranges and sticks, and learn where to pee and poop.  The puppies LOVE to play outside.  In these pictures you can definitely tell that we haven't mowed our lawn in awhile.  The puppies probably thought it was some kind of jungle.  Austin bought a new lawnmower just a few days later, it looks nice now :)

 um... wrong Mama.



 My favorite picture of my favorite puppy :)


 all tuckered out

 our pretty Mama

 Ember is covered in Bostons.
One more fun fact... puppy barks and howls and growls are so cute!

1 comment:

Noelle @ Mesa AZ Photography said...

Wow. They are HUGE now. You are officially Grandma Jill. Those puppies have really kept you busy.

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!