Thursday, February 24, 2011

Animals and Animals

Today was the Kindergarten field trip to the Phoenix Zoo. I've gone on this field trip with all three of my kids now, but with Grace I got to ride on the bus with her since I didn't have any other babies in strollers. She was thrilled.

It was the perfect day to be at the zoo. The weather was gorgeous, and all the animals were wide awake and active. In all the years I've been going to the zoo I've never seen the black bear even once. His rear end maybe, from behind a rock. Today he was walking right up to us, playing in the water, and showing off. The tiger was wandering around in the sun before laying down in the shade. The cheetah brothers (yes, they really are brothers) were wrestling in the grass. The elephant was dancing. I kid you not, scroll down to the video. The only animals sleeping when we came to visit were the Koala's, and let's face it, they're adorable awake or asleep. They just looked snuggly.

Grace has a VERY short attention span. All she could talk about was visiting the monkeys when we got to the zoo, and after she saw one monkey, she was pulling on my arm ready to move on. She didn't want to spend more than 10 seconds per exhibit. I've seen it, what else is there? Keep it movin', Mom. And that monkey was close enough to touch! It came right down in front of us and just sat down and started playing with it's tail. Maybe Grace would have paid more attention if the monkey had jumped onto my head. It was close enough.

One of the highlights was Grace riding the camel (again, see video below). That's the first thing she told her brother and sister about when they got home from school.

All in all it was an awesome day, and I'm so glad I could spend it with my Gracie.













1 comment:

Celeste said...

That is so cool! I'm so glad it was a fun trip to the zoo. You got some great pictures

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!