Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Oops

In all the fuss over how awful August was, I forgot that July was pretty great.  In addition to Ben's 11th birthday (Hogwarts didn't deliver any owls... bummer), girls camp, and the father/daughter campout, I took my annual girls weekend with my closest friends.  Since Emily had small babies at home we didn't want to travel to San Diego, she wanted to be close in case of an emergency, so we settled on a stay-cation.  We found a coupon for the Fort McDowell Resort and made our little getaway July 26-28.  All we did was eat, sleep, and sit by the pool.  (and a little gambling, we got free slot credits with our groupon... Emily and Toni won some money, but I lost everything!  Good thing it wasn't mine to begin with!)  It was a great stay-cation, we might do that again in the future, but I did miss the beach.  I haven't been even once this year, I need my ocean therapy!

We had hour long swedish massages, then went straight to the pool.  Can you blame me for falling asleep?

I love these girls!


No comments:

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!