Saturday, October 8, 2011

Mom-time

One of the rewards the kids can spend their chore chart points on is one-on-one time with Mom or Dad.  They have hours of undivided attention, and the kids get to pick the activities and entertainment.  That child takes priority over everything but an emergency, and Grace is the one child that has redeemed her points for this reward more than once.  She loves it, she loves feeling like the most important person in the world, and she loves calling the shots.  Grace spent her points on Mom-time today, and although I started the day with a headache and feeling down, I really enjoyed my time spent with Grace-face.
 That's a sticker on my arm, she COVERED me in stickers.

Our agenda:
Color pictures
Yoga (her idea, and I sucked at it)
Play barbies / ponies
Read stories
Play dominoes (chain reactions and artwork)
Play outside (trampoline, tire swing)
Sang songs & karate chopped throats
Went out for an ice cream cone

Grace "drew" pictures using dominoes.  This turned out great!

Don't you love our matching hairstyles?



 See?  She was punching me!
 And look at the difference in our skin color... she takes after her Dad :)
Hi-yah!



I had a blast today Gracie, let's do it again sometime!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Those last 3 pics were taken with my camera phone, on a crappy setting, and they look awful! I guess I'll have to adjust the settings on my phone, or else carry my big camera around in my purse at all times :)

Adam and Emily said...

I like this post!! Especially where you are trying to figure out how to get out of the trampoline!! haha!

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!