Sunday, June 26, 2011

Family catch up

I haven't blogged about my family in awhile, so I just have a few pictures to add to play catch up.

After the ballet recital, Grace could finally get a summer haircut!  We didn't need to put it up in a bun again for awhile.  Ember is choosing to grow her hair as long as Rapunzel.

Grace's Kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Jankunis.  She was amazing with Grace!  She got a special award for being the best artist in the class.  Grace does has a love/hate relationship with markers... she loves them, and I hate them.  But I'm proud of her!

Ben made a birdhouse at Scoutcamp and we've had lots of bird activity, he's very proud of himself.  We caught this hungry bird on our way to the grocery store one day.


Grace face had a birthday, she turned six years old!  We just had a small family party for her, she'll get together with her friends later this month at Peter Piper Pizza.  She couldn't decide what her favorite gift was, a new bike or lip gloss.  We also went to the pool to celebrate her special day.











Our summer has also been filled with the drama of a serial killer in our back yard.  
Does she look menacing to you?  No, sweetest face ever!  She's just developed a taste for chicken.  Our neighbors have chickens and unfortunately the fence between our properties is in serious disrepair.  We've offered to split the cost of a new block wall and they've said no every time.  Our dogs get in their yard, their dogs and chickens get into our yard.  Whichever way it goes, Elphie kills the chickens.  I think the neighbors have finally decided to chip in for that fence.  Good call.



Ember also completed three weeks of summer orchestra and had a concert this past Friday.  I forgot the camera, but she did great.  Advanced orchestra is a little more stressful and she's feeling some discouragement that she can't do everything the first time she tries it.  Remind you of anyone, Mom?  Thankfully Ember's Mom is also a violinist, and I'm always happy to help.  It's fun for both of us.

Future summer plans?  Peter Piper Pizza party for Ben and Grace's birthdays, swim lessons, Ember's birthday and a party for her we haven't planned yet, vacation to California, playing tourist in our own state, and the usual trips to the pool and library. 

And can I just say to Janalynn, I owe you something big for introducing me to www.myjobchart.com.  My kids are motivated, working hard, not complaining... they're like new kids, it's fabulous!  :)

So the kids home for summer hasn't driven me crazy just yet, but I'm not gonna lie and say I'm  not looking forward to August 10.   

2 comments:

Kristie said...

JILL!!!

I loved reading all this!! I love family life in the summer and yours sounds about perfect!!I was looking through an old scrapbook--6 years old to be exact---and a few days after Grace's birthday I ran across her birth announcement so I was totally thinking about you guys! Love you so much even though life happens and craziness ensues! Happy summer!!! Yay Job Charts!!

Kristie said...

JILL!!!

I loved reading all this!! I love family life in the summer and yours sounds about perfect!!I was looking through an old scrapbook--6 years old to be exact---and a few days after Grace's birthday I ran across her birth announcement so I was totally thinking about you guys! Love you so much even though life happens and craziness ensues! Happy summer!!! Yay Job Charts!!

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!