Monday, July 6, 2009

Summer Fun

Summer at our house is FILLED with fun activities: Grace's birthday is in June, and Ember & Ben are in July. That's a lot of birthdays too close together (pregnancies were horrible) and I got tired of celebrating and spending money on three separate occasions. It's more expensive than Christmas! This year we had one gigantic blowout party for all three kids with a 4th of July theme. It was chaotic, crowded, and loud. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.


The kids got more gifts than they do at Christmas time!



Ember took a summer orchestra class to prepare her for orchestra in 4th grade. She chose violin, which of course thrilled me to the bone. Playing the violin was such a huge part of my identity growing up, and when we practice together it's some pretty awesome mother / daughter time.






Summer wouldn't be complete without a trip to the cabin in Overgaard. This was the 4th of July weekend, so the kids could watch the fireworks in the mountains. It was awesome!








And what is summer without swimming lessons. All three kids took lessons at Carson this year, and they are doing so well. I am very proud of the hard work they are doing. It's hot sitting in the bleachers watching them play in the cool water, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make so they're comfortable in the water. In the Arizona desert it's a must.









School starts in six weeks. August 12th. I'm counting down, summer is wearing me out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill you have done it again! What a DARLING B-D Cake!!! Please don't tell me you made it, I am so impressed! You came through again, SUPER MOM! Those children of yours are very blessed that is all I can say. You always do things up so well. It looks like a fun party- You are amazing girl- I love You!

Carrot Jello said...

I have 3 kids birthdays in July. We have one party on the fourth every year. It worked up until the last year. Now they all want separate birthdays. Darn it.

Jill said...

I know that day is coming, but I'll take advantage of their age while I can.

Yes, I made the cake. I had a kit that included all the detailed instructions, which I followed to the letter. It didn't turn out like the picture on the box, but Grace loved it.

The Birthday Group said...

What a fun time for you and the family! I have always wanted to learn to decorate cakes...you have inspired me to follow that desire! It sounds like you and your kids are having a super summer. Have a awesome day! You deserve it.

Anonymous said...

Jill where did you get the cake kit? I've never seen them before. You did a great job!

Want to get to know me? Visit this post!